COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS AT
LARRY'S BOOTFITTING 2021-22
We are 100% committed to providing a SAFE and enjoyable boot fitting experience for our customers and staff. Read below for how we plan to do that.
SOCIAL DISTANCING AND MASK POLICY
This season at Larry's we will doing the following to make sure customers and staff stay safe during this ongoing CoVid-19 pandemic.
1. Masks will be worn over the mouth and nose by all customers and staff for the duration of the boot fit. No exceptions.
2. Masks must be either surgical masks, N95 masks, KN95 masks or multi-layer cotton or cloth masks. No bandanas or Buffs please.
3. Vaccination cards are required to be helped inside the shop. Please bring your vaccination card if you want to be inside. We prefer to work with customers inside! It's more comfortable and you get to enjoy the ambiance of an authentic ski shop with other skiers. This is an important part of the Larry's experience and we want you to enjoy that.
4. If you cannot provide proof of vaccination we will work with you in our outside seating area. This is somewhat weather dependent, as ski boots tend to get too stiff to try on effectively below 45° F, but at least for the early part of autumn, this shouldn't be a problem. You are still required to wear a mask with the same parameters as #1 and #2 on this list. We realize this is a sensitive issue, but honestly, just get vaccinated and join us inside!
5. Because we have to limit capacity, we're not able to accommodate support crews for customers getting a boot fit. This includes spouses, partners, children, parents and pro-skiers. An exception is a minor 15-and-under who is getting a boot fit. For this and other extenuating circumstances that require a support person, give us a call at 303-402-6733 so we can plan accordingly. Fortunately, there are a number of great restaurants and coffee shops nearby, as well as what we think is the best hardware store in the world, McGuckins, right across the street from the shop, so there is lots to do for your support staff while you're getting boots!
6. We're happy to work with couples or family members living under the same household at the same time, but because we are limiting capacity to sane levels, please book an individual reservation for each person in the group getting a boot fit. There are multiple openings per time slot so this shouldn't be too difficult to achieve.
7. Plexiglass barriers will separate boot fitting stations and the cash register from the sales floor.
8. Completing the questionnaire as part of the reservation process is mandatory. If the questionnaire is not completed we will be unable to provide service to you.
What if you are feeling sick but don't want to miss your appointment? We can't emphasize this enough: please, please, please stay home. Give us a call at 303-402-6733 and let's reschedule. We are keeping a few open slots every week for this very reason, so we can reschedule you in a timely fashion. The same applies to staff...if a staff member is sick they aren't coming back to work until they feel better. This goes for everything from a dry-hacking cough and fever to a slight sore throat and sniffles. Let's err on the side of being overly conservative so we all stay healthy and on the slopes instead of on a ventilator!
One thing is for certain: this will be the cleanest Larry's Bootfitting has ever been! This season at Larry's we are disinfecting surfaces, boots, work benches, bathrooms and everything in between throughout the day and before and after work to keep everyone healthy, happy and CoVid-19 free!
Because of COVID-19 we are requiring that customers bring in their own pair of clean ski socks to try on boots. Unfortunately we can not offer "try-on" socks this year. New ski socks from Darn Tough, LeBent, Dissent and Bridgedale are available for purchase, because there's nothing better than a fresh pair of socks!
PAYMENT BY PHONE
Want to buy your son or daughter at CU a pair of boots this year? No problem. It's not uncommon to buy ski boots as a gift for somebody. In these cases, because of limited capacity in the store this year, we can take payment over the phone while the person receiving the boot gets fit. Thank you for your understanding.
Due to COVID 19 we are currently fitting boots by appointment only. Unfortunately we can't take walk-in customers at all this year. In addition, if an appointment runs beyond the one or two hour time slot we'll need to reschedule you at another time to finish the fit. This shouldn't be a problem for the vast majority of bootfits, which leads us to the importance of the next step - the questionnaire - so we have as much information about you beforehand has possible.
SOUND GOOD? LET'S MOVE ON TO STEP TWO!
Thanks for adhering to our CoVid-19 protocols. Now it's time to learn more about you and your skiing so we can be prepared when you get to the shop! Click this link below and tell us all about your skiing aspirations.